I’ve read a lot of stories about successful companies that started out of a garage. Companies like Apple, Google, Amazon, Starbucks and Hewlett Packard all started from within the walls of a small garage. I thought I would try something a bit different and see what happens if I had my office contained within the walls of a small closet. I know what you’re thinking, and yes they are funny, but I’ve heard both of them them before:
- Whenever you leave the office, do you say ‘I’m coming out of the closet’?
- I’m guessing you have an open door policy.
The UberEZ.com platform was designed, created and is currently being maintained out of this office. I have no illusions, nor desire, for UberEZ.com in becoming a Google or an Amazon, but I am working very hard to try and make the platform succeed.
My office may be a bit overwhelming at first, so l’m going to delve a little deeper into what is, and what is not in my office.
- What is in my office:
- Chair – An old chair I got Nicole when she was probably 5 years old.
- Laptop – That’s where all the work gets done.
- Box – The box the laptop came in to raise it a little higher and hide all the wires.
- What is not in my office:
- Distractions – A clean workspace and no clutter.
So there you have it. That’s my office. I like it.